Size: 2 7/8'', 3 1/2'', 4 1/2'', 5'', 5 1/2”
Connection: API Regular, PAC, H90
Standard: API 7, NS-1, DS1
The advantages include:
1. Reduced torque in high-rpm, deep drilling.
2. Less trip time as compared to handling a long string of drill collars.
3. Fewer tool-joint connection failures.
4. Easy in handling and transporting to and from locations
5. Help for keeping direction of directional well.
Heavy weight drill pipe's wear resistance hardbanding is standard on tool joints connections and central upset. Hardbanding is made by an automatic machine after preheating the pipe and is followed by stress relieving.
One 4" wear band on both pin and box end, plus one 1" band on 18°shoulder of box.
Two 3" wear bands on central upsets
The hardbanding is completely flush on both tool joints and 1/8" oversize on the central upset (fully flush on request).
The types of Hardbanding include Iron-Matrix powder alloy, Tungsten Carbide particle, and Arnco 100XT.
SFMC HWDP could be coated internally with DPC (equivalent to TK 34) as customer's request that are able to prevent corrosion and extend the lifetime of the heavy weight drill pipe.
Yield Strength MPaTensile Strength Mpa Elongation %Hardness BrinellHBImpact AKVJ≥758≥964≥13285～341Average value ≥54Minimum value ≥47